Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
- Stocks are down around the world, with nearly every major index that we checked falling 2% or more.
- Crypto prices are in the tank, with bitcoin and ether losing double-digit percentage points in the last day; the mess in crypto-land is deep this morning.
- Celcius network is falling apart, despite huge recent fundraises. Precisely what happens next is not clear, but it doesn’t look good for the company, judging by its imploding token price.
- In better news, the Latin American startup scene re-upped its capital reserves right before the world went risk-off, implying that the region could be well capitalized heading into the rest of the year.
- The Coinbase CEO’s Twitter rant after some of the company’s employees expressed displeasure was notable, in tone, and also in terms of PR strategy.
So, yeah, not the happiest show that we have ever recorded but one that matches the moment. As we stressed on the audio version, you are not your net worth. We will get through this.
Finally, Equity is live this Thursday, so come hang on Hopin or Twitter Spaces!
This article was originally published on TechCrunch.com. Read More on their website.